Friday, October 23, 2009

October 23rd

Today is the first day after Ben's surgery and overnight he did really well. Praise God!! Currently his oxygenation ('sats') are really good and his heart rate came down overnight like the doctors wanted it to. They are planning just a few minor changes on his medication doses today, but the main goal is to let him rest. This morning, I came around to check on him and was able to catch rounds with the doctors. They were also quite impressed with how he is doing so far. After rounds, I went into his room and he was very calm and peaceful and opened his eyes and was just looking around taking everything in. Our son has been the most amazing gift and has taught us so many things it's incredible. Today, along with prayers for Ben, I'm going to ask of all our family and friends to take a little bit of extra time out of their busy schedules and focus on the good in their lives....(read an extra bedtime story, play for 5 more minutes when the kids ask, make time for your significant other.... and just REALLY enjoy and be thankful for what you have)....as that's our plan for the day as well. We really appreciate everyones love and help...(we also want to thank Chris and Dianne for watching the girls for us yesterday). Today is a good day.....

8 comments:

  1. Kelly-

    I am so happy to see such a happy & positive post! Give Ben lots of kisses for me! I will continue to pray for your little fighter!

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    Christine P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that he did well last night and I hope that he is able to get lots of rest today!! I will continue to pray that things continue to go well as he continues to recover!! Keep fighting Ben!!!

    Love,
    Christine B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubble Fam,
    I went in to see Benjamin around 3pm. I started crying because of how AMAZING he looks. He was awake and he kept squeezing my hand. He looked right in to my eyes as to say "why are you crying." He was just laying there so calm, vital signs very stable, listening to his music. I have seen many miracles in my career but I must say your son is on of the top of the list of most miraculous. I stayed with him until he feel asleep. I haven't seen him that peaceful before. God Bless. Love, Shannon RN

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Bejamin's MaMa Sharon and I just finished reading the paragraph Shannon
    wrote. My GOD, the tears just started flowing. What a beautiful paragraph about
    our grandson.! He is amazing isn't he? I have talked to so many friends and family since Ben's birth and cannot even begin to tell you how he has changed so many lives already! He is truly a GIFT from GOD! Keep all the prayers going! Love MaMa Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could anyone read this and not cry. It is so emotional for us-we cannot imagine what you-Dave and Kelly-are going through. We will check in often to keep tabs on Benjamin and continue to pray for him.
    Love,
    Dianne, Tom and Lib

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Aunt Kolly sends Ben lots of hugs and kisses. Angels are constantly watching Ben and I knew from the very beginning he was going to be the "miracle" baby. I made another trip to the Shrine of our Lady of the Snows to light a candle and gave St. Theresa a hug and kiss from Benjamin. May God Bless Ben and all of his family.Lots of luv to all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing the post today. Such wonderful news! I have been so touched by his journey, and yet I can't imagine what you are going through day after day. We continue to pray for his recovery. Ben is a true fighter and a blessing to all of us in so many ways.
    Love you all,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Ben go! We are cheering you on all the way!

    Hugs to all,
    Christine, James, Lilah, and Ellis

    ReplyDelete