Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Benjamin

Happy 1 month birthday baby!! Benjamin has been behaving pretty decently the past few days, but don't tell him that....that seems to be when he starts to misbehave again. Our little sweetie has a VERY big day coming up tomorrow. He is currenly scheduled for a head CT at 12:10pm to assess the severity of the brain bleeds that resulted most likely from being on heparin while on the ecmo machine. We are simply asking for all of your prayers for a miracle...the move to the CT scanner is going to be a big production on it's own and is quite scary for us as well. They will have to take his IV tree, his nitric oxide, and will have to be bagged on the way to the scanner, then they will attempt to do the scan, but as usual, Benjamin is the boss, he calls all the shots. They are taking him up to the PICU to do the scan instead of downstairs, that way if we need any assistance it will be most readily available. I would also like to thank everyone for continuing to pray for our little baby and ask that you continue to. I will try to post a birthday photo later for him...after all, this is a pretty big milestone for him.

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENJAMIN!!! Way to go buddy! Keep up the good work! Kel-give him a kiss for me! I'll be watching for an update on the CT tomorrow. I'll be praying for good news!!

    Love you!
    Christine P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Benjamin!!! I hope all goes well tomorrow with the CT scan and I will be thinking of you guys and praying during that time tomorrow for sure. I have been thinking about you guys everyday. If there is anything that I can do please let me know! I would love to help you out in anyway that I can. Keep up the good work Benjamin!!

    Love,
    Christine B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ben. We are all here praying day and night for you baby. Continue to fight buddy.

    Love you so much

    Shannon J. RN

    ReplyDelete