Tuesday, November 10, 2009

DAY 56

When I arrived at the hospital to see Ben today Kelly was taking pictures of Ben as usual. Tracy, (Ben's Nurse), had him laying in the most comfortable position. He was on his side and had his lion that his sister Emma had given him (because he is so brave), laying under his left cheek supporting his head. A small cloth tucked between his little legs and covered by a yellow blanky. I just wanted to scoop him up and hold him in my arms. (As I am typing this, Kelly is watching tv and a Sandals Resort ad came on for 65% off. I'm listening to my Ipod and typing and I could hear her say UUUGGGGHH. I said "what". She said "were not going there any time soon"). I'm gonna say that's pretty accurate. I think Ben and his sisters would rather go to Florida anyway, we will wait for Ben. He has made us so much closer as a family and I have never looked at Kelly , Emma and Elsa the way that I look at them since Ben has come into our lives. Matter of fact I see everything differently. Thanks Ben.
By the way Ben is doing wonderful and is taking his baby steps with his vent and pain med weans. They removed his NG tube and inserted a feeding tube. We are just waiting for him to let us know when it's ok to start 'feeds'. He is enjoying his twice a day flips from back to belly, maybe he will take after the Megahy's and be a gymnast. The last couple of times we have visited he has looked super comfy. Ben, Kelly and I want to thank all of his NICU nurses for taking extra care to make him as comfy as possible. God Bless everyone that has been there for Benjamin's Journey. Love, Benjamin, Emma, Elsa, Kelly and David.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, Ben looks so comfy, I bet you want to climb in right next to him!! He looks great! I came to see Benjamin the other day and admired his vital signs and progress from the doorway not taking any chances of waking the little man up. He looks great!! I continue to check on him and pray for him and your family.

    God Bless.
    Shannon J. RN CICU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave & Kel,
    What a beautiful picture of Benjamin--it made me cry--he looks so cuddly and comfy. What an amazing gentleman--God will always look after him in a Very Special Way because he is that Very Special Baby Boy.
    Luv Always,

    Great Aunt Kolly

    ReplyDelete