Sunday, November 15, 2009

Benjamin's Benefit was AWESOME....Thank You!!

Check out this pic of Ben, Tracy (Ben's Guardian Angel Nurse) took this while we were at his benefit. Benjamin was happy and excited to have approximately 400 friends and family show up on his behalf. Also our sincere apologies to the over 60 people that showed up and had to be turned away at the completely packed Catholic War Vet in Smithton. Kelly and I were completely overwhelmed to see the line to get into the hall all the way into the middle of the parking lot. (Thanks for the use of the hall Tiffany). That means a lot to see so many people still care about other people in this world. GOD is GOOD All the TIME!! We dream of the day when Ben is growing up and we can sit him down and tell him the story of how his incredible journey has touched the lives of so many people in the most positive ways. Special Thanks to Karen, Vic, Dale, Donna, Nate, Johna, Abby, Lexi, Wally, Tiffany, Jim or Tim, Sharon, Ian, Chrissy, Rev. Allen who led the prayer and the many others that donated time or gifts on behalf of Ben.
Benjamin has responded to all the Love that was shown last night. Today he is doing amazing. His vent rate is down to 36, Oxygen 80%, he is still scoring 100/100, keep going Ben. Hopefully Mindy (Ben's Nurse today) can stay awake long enough to watch Ben today. She was at the benefit and I'm pretty sure she wasn't holding that Smirnoff for Renee who bought half the silent auction. Just Kidding, we Love Mindy and all the Children's staff. Renee made the most awesome pins for the benefit that will most likely end up being on the shirts we will have made for Ben. As if the Children's staff doesn't spend enough time helping all the children while at work, they devote personal time outside of work to help the families even more. That is what makes Children's a special place, the people. THANK YOU!
A boy scout and his Father just came to the door, I couldn't help but buy some expensive popcorn after all the support everyone has shown for us. I also hate to tell Ben when he grows up he and I will be going to all the supporters and neighbors houses and he will have a lot of leaves to rake, snow to shovel, grass to cut, etc..... He will be happy to do it.
Speaking of neighbors, Diane, Leslie, Dee Ann........ AMAZING!!! You guys never ask for anything but are always the first to offer help.
I wanted to Thank my Dad for helping keep my business going when I need him and giving advice and support through our roughest times. My mom for coming and watching the girls so we can see Ben. Kel and I want to thank Jim And Sharon for leading by example, they are ALWAYS there for us when we need them, for anything at anytime. If we are half the parents they are to us, when our kids grow up, we will be parents of the year.
James and Christine, the parents of Ellis, Ben's ex-NICU neighbor... Thank You. James stayed at the benefit and helped clean up after everyone left, and he just continues to amaze me. My life is better for just knowing them.
Kristy, thanks for being there for Kelly and I. Your babies are amazing and you are a wonderful Mom. I can't wait for a play date with the L's and Ben. Love you.
I could thank people all day, I will save it for another post..... Don't worry if I didn't thank you, I will, and I appreciate everything from everyone.
O.K. just one more I promise. My sister Laure. I just wanted to Thank You for always cheering me up when I'm down. Always seeing the bright side. Just for always knowing the right things to say and do. I overheard James and her talking last night. Everyone who reads this go hug your kids right now. Some people never get the chance. James and I are lucky. He has Ellis home and gets to hold him anytime he wants to. I don't get to hold Ben, but I will never complain. I have gotten to see Ben for the last 61 days... Read him his bed time stories, say his good night prayers, and just Love him. Laure, when I see Ben I always think of your son Gabriel, he is not forgotten, He is in our hearts. He is looking over his baby cousin, Ben. Love ya Sis.

6 comments:

  1. Dave & Kel
    Such beautiful words and we're so pleased everything worked out very well. It will be a night Vic and I and out family will never forget. Our faith in humanity was restored last night with all of the wonderful family and friends who showed up to support Benjamin's fundraiser. May God Bless Benjamin and all of your loving family.

    Luv Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave & Kelly What an amazing evening last night! It was our pleasure to do as much as we could for you. It was the least anyway..It was great to give you a hug last night and it was so hard to hold my tears..My prayers and thoughts are with all of you!! Love Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO POST A COMMENT.....
    HERES HOW!!!
    1.Type in your comment in the 'post a comment' box.
    2.Under the 'Select profile' directly under the comment box select GOOGLE ACOUNT.
    3.Username: bensfriends2@gmail.com
    4.Password: childrens
    5.Security question: ben
    6.We look forward to your comments and appreciate them very much, I hope this helps.
    David & Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was wonderful seeing you Kelly and we truely had a wonderful evening!! I am so glad to hear that Ben is still doing so well. I will continue to pray that he continues in the right direction!! Take care and like I said at trivia if there is anything you guys need let us know.

    Love,
    Christine B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kell and Dave,
    What an adorable pic!! He is just to cute! I am so glad that we had the turn out that we did for the benefit! Hopefully now we have helped lessen the financial burden a little! I know its not nearly enough to pay those outrageous hospital bills, but hopefully its enough to help keep Kelly at Bens bedside a little longer! I love you all lots and can't wait to come see " BIG BEN"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll tell you what, you should BOTH quit your day jobs and write a book together! The combination of your writing styles would be awesome! I cannot believe how well both of you write. When I read each of your blogs each day/week, it brings out so many emotions in me. I know it's because you are both conveying the intense emotions you are feeling throughout all of this, your love for your family, each other and Ben is so evident!

    We had so much fun at the benefit! It is the first time we have been out together for such a late night in a long time! I am so glad it was a success!

    The pic of Ben at the beginning of this post is beautiful! He is really starting to look like a little boy! I cannot tell you how much his life has changed our lives, our perspectives and helped renew our faith and commitment to God. His story has made us so thankful for all we have and also shown us HOW GREAT GOD IS! He is truly working a miracle in your lives! I know in my heart that He has such huge plans for your special little boy. Look how much he has touched others already and the change in the two of you is amazing! I am so happy that we have you guys in our lives!

    Like I said a long time ago Dave, we will be "forever friends!" haha.

    Love, Tanya

    ReplyDelete