Tuesday, December 15, 2009










First of all, I would like to wish our little miracle baby a Happy 3 month Birthday!!! These are some pictures we took today,
(with the exception of the one in the orange striped shirt...that was a few days ago)....and just to make it clear....he was just doin' what little boys do in the picture with his daddy....Ben was poopin'! Anyway, I am in love all over again each day with Benjamin...today he was just so cute it was ridiculous. He was letting us hold him again more the past few days and is just completely chilled out when we are loving on him. A few quick updates....As of this morning, he is a whopping 14 pounds 7 ounces!!! (I suspect it will be a bit lower tonight, they increased his diuretic as he had taken on more fluid the past few days)... He is now up to 23ml/hour on his breast milk and doing great. Laura, one of his night nurses has him trained to sleep through the night already, which is much better than either of the girls ever did...THANK YOU LAURA!!! She was kidding around tonight about him getting so big and heavy that she may have to ask for a different baby to watch...I said yeah right, you better start lifting weights, because we're not letting you go anywhere :) She also bought him some onesies last week which are totally cute on him... Also, we would like to wish Katie a very happy birthday today....she is one of Ben's biggest fans at the NICU...she totally spoils him too. She likes to bring him in all of his books and find him different things for his room. She is super sweet as well....Not too much else to report, just thought I'd share the pictures and give an update...Kel

3 comments:

  1. Kell and Dave,
    What a CUTIE!! I can't believe how big he's gotten! Thanks so much for the updates, it's wonderful to see Ben look so "normal". I will con't to pray for a speedy recovery and hopefully you'll get to take that little chunker home soon!! hahaha!!
    Love Always,
    Holly Pops
    xoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not even sure what to post. There are not words to describe the relief and happiness that I am feeling for your family right now. I am overjoyed.

    Love,
    Shannon RN CICU

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys! The pictures are so adorable! I am so glad to hear that he is still doing well. I will continue to pray that he continues so he can come home real soon! May god continue to bless you and continue to watch over Ben.

    Love and prayers,
    Christine B

    ReplyDelete