Monday, December 28, 2009

Emma held Benjamin!!!







Today was great....we went to visit Benjamin, and for the first time since he was on ECMO...Emma got to see and even hold her little brother. It was amazing!! The hospital is now allowing the siblings to come visit again, which is awesome. It's been over 2 months since Emma has seen Benjamin!! She was so excited and Benjamin loved being held by her today. Elsa is still getting over a sinus infection, so we will keep her away until she is completely over everything. It's been even longer since Elsa has seen Ben. I cannot wait to see her reaction to her 'Baby Doll'....she knows how to say Benjamin, but prefers to call him Baby Doll. She asks to see pictures of him every night...she grabs my phone or the camera and says 'my Baby Doll' repeatedly until I take the time to show her new pictures..it's adorable. She says 'aww' and kisses the photos. Ben is still doing great and we are making some progress, but still have a long way to go.

For those of you who say daily prayers for Benjamin, thank you...If you could, please also keep all the NICU in your prayers...for the babies, their parents and families, the nurses and doctors. The moms have a mothers milk lunch once a week, so we all share and hear of eachothers stories through that...there are some real heartbreakers there right now and unfortunately not all of those babies will be going home with their parents. Some will choose wings over feet as the NICU staff says. I know all too well what emotions the parents of those super sick kiddos must be experiencing right now as they hear heartbreaking news. The doctors tried to prepare us for that type of outcome also...but by the grace of God, we were one of the BLESSED families..and His plan for Benjamin continues....thank God. We are not lucky, but genuinely blessed by God to have this beautiful baby boy. I have never in my life believed so much in the power of prayer as I do now. Again, thanks for the continued support and I'll try to update more asap...enjoy the photos :)
Love, Kel

3 comments:

  1. That is just wonderful!! The pictures are great!! I am so happy that she got to hold her baby brother. What a blessing!!

    Love and prayers,
    Christine B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What GREAT pictures! I had no idea that Emma hadn't been able to see Ben, what a Christmas present!! I'm sure it has been very hard for poor Emma to go all this time without being able to see and hold her little brother! I'm so happy for all of you! I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas and I hope the new Year will bring Ben home!!
    Love Always
    Holly Pops
    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. With every update I realize more and more what a true miracle Benjamin continues to be. I cannot wait to come see him again (I have a lil cold myself!!). I continue to pray for Ben and all the babies in the NICU. God is Great!

    Love, Shannon CICU RN

    ReplyDelete